This is an intense and uncomfortable topic, but we can all learn from Leah’s story in this week’s episode of Parking With MF.
Before watching this video, be aware this may be a trigger for those dealing with mental illness and suicide. Please watch this video with a friend or loved one.
Related: The Worst Day Ever
On June 5, 2014, Leah’s son Adam had some trouble at school and was sent home with a family member. Within a short while of arriving at home, Adam took his life.
Thank you to Leah for bravely sharing this heartbreaking story.
If you or someone you know is struggling with depression or suicidal thoughts please visit:
- Suicide Prevention: Find A Crisis Centre
- International Suicide Prevention
- Canadian Mental Health Association
- Safe Talk Training
If you want to know how to talk to your kids about suicide here are some references:
- The Connect Program: Talking To Children About Suicide
- Suicide Awareness Voices of Education: What To Tell Children
Thank you to JJ Stewart Motors for sponsoring this interview series.