Hey my Peterborough and area friends, Diabetes Canada needs you!!
Peterborough Curbside Donation Drop-off
Saturday, October 24
9 am – 2 pm
Giant Tiger 1875 Lansdowne Street West
Diabetes Canada is hosting a contactless donation drop-off in Peterborough on Saturday, October 24, from 9 am – 2 pm.
How it works:
First, pack your clothing and textile items in clear bags and boxes and put them in your trunk. Next, bring your items to Giant Tiger at 1875 Lansdowne Street West
Our volunteers will wear masks and remove the items from your vehicle safely.
So how do your clothing donations help?
- $6,000,000 invested annually in diabetes research
- 2,000 kids with type one diabetes and their families can go to D-Camps
- 11,000,000Canadians with diabetes or prediabetes get your support
- 100,000,000 lbs of textile and household items will be diverted from landfills!
How to prepare your donations:
- Keep items small enough for one person to pick up and carry in a sealed box
- Place any textiles in a standard 67 Litre garbage bag
- Gather your household items together and put them in sealed boxes
- Make sure each item, bag, or box does not exceed 40lbs in weight
- Do not include organic or hazardous materials in your donation
- We do not accept any large appliances or furniture
Here’s a video with all the info as well I share my personal connection to diabetes!
Diabetes Canada needs Peterborough…Diabetes Canada is hosting a touchless curbside donation drop off for your gently used clothing and textiles.They will be located in the parking lot at Giant Peterborough at 1875 Lansdowne Street West from 9am-2pm. Place your cloth items in a box or garbage bag.It’s all contactless where you can stay in your car. Pop the trunk and volunteers with PPE will take your donations.If you can't make it on Oct 24, Visit www.declutter.diabetes.ca to schedule a free home pickup or locate a donation.
Posted by Michelle Ferreri on Wednesday, October 21, 2020
If you can’t make it October 24th, please visit Declutter Diabetes to arrange a pick time.